Subscribe

Subscribe to blog

Subscribe

Click +1 button above

Thursday, October 6, 2011

A tribute to Steve Jobs

A man whom I and my class mates learned about in High school in our english text book, in a lesson that ended with "Stay Hungry ,Stay Foolish", went by the name of Steve Jobs.

We learned about him in 3 parts of a lesson, as 3 separate parts of his life that radically changed him and the world around him. A few words like 'one free meal at the hare krishna temple' and 'took calligraphy lessons' come back to me often when I think about him.

Some philosophies of his ,have inspired me throughout my life.
Like 'You can only connect the dots looking backwards'

and some have influenced many more than just me
Like 'Every morning I wake up and look at myself in the mirror and think what if this was the last day of my life, and live it.'

He was such a strong motivational force that it is hard to not look at his spiritual side.
Where Steve Jobs strikes me the most is from the roots of his work ,in the computer industry.
Some broken pieces of words still come back to me as I think of it, which went like 'so we started in our own garage.' and 'Steve Wozniac.' ,'serif and sans serif', 'proper spacing', and 'Macintosh'.

This man is the closest that could be to my ideal inspiration of a developer.
The heartbreaking incidents of his life sound like a movie now that I think of them.
But whenever something bad and heartbreaking is happening to me, his 'following your dreams' ,always sounds like a valid reason to carry on in life.

This is my most personal and 'inside the mind' mapping of Steve Jobs and what he has taught me in my life.
The commencement speech that he gave at Stanford, has perhaps been read by most of the well educated world, has served as an inspiration to me at the dawn of my adult life and computer life, and  it still sounds like the most important speech that I have every heard in my life, to me, now that I think of it.

Today , this day of commencement of diwali in India , and the passing away of Steve Jobs, is a very bitter sweet combination for me. I even came up with some really good song today at jamming.
But on this day, I know I will go back to him, and re-attend the commencement ceremony of Stanford.

Transcript of his commencement speech ,"http://news.stanford.edu/news/2005/june15/jobs-061505.html"..

This is such an important day for me.
Today it feels like I am in a vacuum and the whole world around me is moving in reverse.


R.I.P Steve Jobs



No comments:

Post a Comment